Basics of Oral Hygiene
Having good oral hygiene means you take care of your teeth. It is known as the practice of keeping the mouth as well as the teeth clean in order to not have any dental problems such as, gingivitis, bad breath, dental cavities and more. Good oral hygiene is a must when it comes to certain oral tissues being able to regenerate and heal properly. Conditions like these are oral cysts, when wisdom teeth get extracted, any dental trauma, and more. There are tons of things that you can do in order to keep up good oral hygiene and these things can make your breath fresh, keep your mouth clean, and keep your teeth and gums clean, help fight off bacteria and more. Amongst also making your kisses sweeter and making yourself feel better all around.
Top Five Tips to Freshen Your Breath:
The following is a list the top five reasons on how you can instantly get your breath to freshen up. The obvious thing you need to do is brush your teeth at least twice a day to clean them. Brushing your teeth removes bacteria and helps you to maintain your overall oral health. These five main tips are as follows but can include more than the following:
- Water is your best friend – drinking water has a lot of benefits, it not only helps you lose weight and rehydrates your body, but it also leads to fresher breath and healthier gums
- Certain foods are better than others – nuts and foods that have dairy in them are good to eat, as well as bananas and potatoes. Cucumbers, broccoli and carrots are good to eat as well; these foods help to increase the levels of the pH in the mouth and help to decrease the levels of acidity.
- Flossing is the best – it leads to the gums and the teeth being healthier. Keep in mind that using a clean section of floss for each tooth is better than nothing; do not force the floss either, work it in slowly
- Soft bristles or hard bristles – be sure to use the right tooth brush for you .The tips of the bristles are meant to be bent so there isn’t any damage to the gums or the teeth. However, once the bristles on the brush are bent it is time for a new one!
- Avoid sugary snacks and sugary drinks – The sugar in these snack and these beverages cause the enamel on the teeth to wear off and it causes the teeth to rot away, they are ok in moderation but are not highly recommended.
In the end you should go see your dentist at least once a year for a checkup. Doing this will help aid in the prevention of diseases, illnesses or anything else going wrong. This will allow you to diagnose any problems as soon as possible before they become detrimental to health or even incurable.